Sunday, June 3, 2018

May 27, 2018 An Experience with Prayer




Dear Family,
This week was a great week, we had our devotional in the zone on the Book of Mormon. The Spirit was strong, and the music was good. I played the part of Joseph Smith and I bore testimony of the gold plates and the vision of Moroni. President and Sister Taylor gave powerful testimonies that left many of the members in tears.
This week we have been study about “Hope” it has been a great study and we have had many experiences study this attribute.
This week I had an experience with prayer.  When Joseph Smith had the first vision of God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ it started with a prayer, it was after a prayer that the angel Moroni appeared to Joseph, Joseph prayed about baptism when the John the Baptist appeared to him, and all other occasion and experiences that happened just occurred after prayer.
A personal experience of this was this week. I was doing something very simple but important which is personal study. It was a busy morning and we had lots to do. So when I finally started to study, I realized that during my study I wasn’t understanding or receiving the promptings of the Spirit.  I felt that something was missing.  I remembered that I forgot to pray. I got on my knees and asked for forgiveness and I prayed.  I later realized the complete difference that prayer makes. “If ye will ask in faith, believing that ye shall receive with diligence in keeping the commandments, surely these things shall be made known unto you” (1 Nephi 15:11) Maybe we don’t see the angel Moroni or John the Baptist but through prayer I testify that we can call the powers of heaven, though we don’t all ways see it, we definitely experience it.
The zone is doing so awesome, this Saturday we had 6 baptisms in the zone.  I’m so grateful for the missionaries in my zone. We did have an investigator in church so thanks for the prayers.
 Something that I have learned from President Taylor is to love those that you serve and that kind of answers dad´s second question as well, when a missionary is struggling I have learned to just listen to them, be patient, and then help them by loving them.   The attribute that I have learned, the knowledge and the worth ethic are definitely things that I would like to bring back from me and continue to do. I know that the mission is the place to study so I need to make use of this time, but I would love to continue my studies at home even if it’s just a little a day, maybe setting goals would help with that.
Hope everyone is doing well,
Miss you guys
Have a great week
Elder Toma

No comments:

Post a Comment