Sunday, May 27, 2018

May 20, 2018 Mosiah 2:41 ". . .blessed and happy state. . "



Last week was so good to speak to all of you guys. For me it was probably the least trunky call because usually after we skype we really miss everything back at home. I’m not saying that I don’t miss you all! but maybe it’s the fact that I go home in two transfers. I felt good and I went back to work and it was a normal day for me. But it was really good to see you all and talk for a little.


This week we had a zone conference and my companion, and I had to give a training to the 3 zones that were there. It went well, it was about finding when we teach and teaching when we find. Many times we find people to teach just by reactivating a less active.

Our training was more centered on recent converts. It’s our responsibility to bring the members to them and re-teach the lessons and many times we do find more people to teach just by doing that.

This week we will also have a musical activity on the Book of Mormon. We are planning it as a zone and it sounds like the stake president will be going and even president and sister Taylor.  I will be playing the role as Joseph Smith. My part is basically the testimony of Joseph Smith in the Book of Mormon. Ill bare testimony of the Angel Moroni and the golden plates while a video passes behind me on a big screen. We have some good music planned too. One elder plays the violin really well, I’ll be playing a few of the songs on the piano but there is another elder that will play a lot of the songs for the choir which will be the zone.

The zone is doing so well, lots of success and we just have the best missionaries in our zone. The elder that I trained while I was in Arapiraca is in the zone and they are just having so much success. Like two baptisms every week and next week they have 5 baptisms that are set. Everyone else is also just doing so well, this week everyone in the zone hit the standard of excellence for new investigators and for investigators in the church.

I love the scripture in Mosiah 2:41   "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it." 

The Lord blesses us when we are obedient in all things, it can be connected to diligence because we need to be diligently quick to obey. I have seen so many blessings in the zone just because of that. I know I brag a lot about my zone but it’s because of the obedience and diligence that the missionaries have been practicing.

 The attribute last week was diligence, so we actually study it for two weeks. I don’t know why but we just felt to continue study diligence for not one week but for two. Tomorrow we will decide our next attribute. Maybe patience, charity and love, virtue, meekness, knowledge, or I really liked gratitude also, that’s a great one.

Skype was great even though everyone was way trunky hahaha. I hope everyone has a great week!  Tchau!



No comments:

Post a Comment