Sunday, May 6, 2018

April 29, 2018 Transfers


Dear Family, 

So this week is the transfer. 

I will be staying in my area Boa Vista and I’ll be training a new zone leader. My companion is going to be transferred even though he has been here for only 5 weeks! 

But the president needs him somewhere and I think that is how the mission should be. If the president feels good about something, then it must be right. 

This week we had to cut some investigators unfortunately. It seems like lots of people talk bad about our religion, like it’s a cult or something and they end up giving up when they hear 
those things from friends or family members. 

But on the bright side we have found lots of new investigators to teach. One of them loved the lesson and has been searching for the true church and another cried in the opening prayer just by feeling the Spirit. 

Something that I learned this week was that my companion and I had a day this week which was just rough. We got rejected by everyone, we put some of our favorite investigators in the area book, and we had a lesson with a crazy woman and her house was just filled with bad feelings. It started pouring on us, it was about 8:20 and we still had 40 minutes before we had to go home. My first thought was, let’s just give up and go do the area book. But we continued until we knocked on someone’s door and when this contact answered the door, she smiled and wanted us to come in. 
That was the lesson of the night! she loved it and wanted to know more! she took the Book of Mormon and was just excited to read it. After we started going back home, my companion was like "I felt like giving up today, I was going to just say let’s do the area book" but good thing that we didn’t. Because if we did, we would have missed that lesson. 
It reminds me of Nephi when he went to go get the plates and he didn’t achieve them the first time, nor the second, but on the third try he got the brass plates. 
many times it’s on the last try that we succeed. The first will be last and the last will be first ha-ha. 

This week’s attribute in the zone was exact obedience. It’s the first law of heaven and definitely an important one. 

The example that i shared was a perfect example of it. Even though many people say that they don’t see the blessings from obedience, many times I believe that obedience blesses the people around us. 

Congrats to Mckinzie and Mark!

It’s good to see the whole family together. 

I miss you guys but three transfers is too little! 



Hope everyone has a great week! 
Love 
Elder Toma

No comments:

Post a Comment