Sunday, May 13, 2018

May 6, 2018 The Still Small Voice


Hey family! 

This week was hard when it came to teaching new people because we were running around all week doing baptismal interviews but by the end of the week we got the ward really excited to work. 
This week it looks like we have someone to leave with us almost every day! 

Something interesting that I have learned this week is inspiration and revelations comes way more clearly and directly in our spiritual meetings. It doesn’t mean that we don’t receive inspiration when we aren't in those meetings but for me I receive these promptings during prayer and during study but then in these meetings they are magnified to me. I thought it was so interesting. 

I was sitting in sacrament and just names and people and members where flying through my head, it was like the Spirit was just telling me almost as it was in person! 

Something that the prophet has said is that God has so much to tell us and He wants to tell us many things. I remember feeling that everything that the Spirit was telling me was true, but it wasn’t just a loud voice He speaks to us so quietly, if I wasn’t praying or listening in Church then I don't think that I would have even heard it! 

Something that I like that President Russel M Nelson has said is to pray, listen, write down our thoughts, and act. And if practice makes perfect then the more we pray, listen, write, and act then the faster we can recognize or receive revelation. I really like the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants when the Lord commands Joseph and Oliver to write everything down while they were still filled with the Spirit. Even the Prophet Joseph Smith did it!

So my companion is really awesome, he is from Paraná Brazil, it’s in the south of Brazil. He served in the military and is just an overall great guy, I have been blessed my entire mission to have 
such great companions. 

This week we taught a lesson to an old guy outside of his house with tons of birds and chickens running around, to me it was normal but then I thought about what it would be like in the states and I thought "wow, this is not normal"! ha-ha he was a nice guy, he wants to get married and baptized so we are helping him. Afterwards he gave us a whole wheel barrel full of coconuts and avocados, I didn’t want to accept it but I think he would have gotten offended if I didn’t ha-ha. 

Tomorrow my companion and I have to give a training to all the zone leaders at the president’s house on the importance of bringing our investigators to church. Pray that the Spirit can be with us. 
This week we presented the new attribute to the zone, we are all studying about faith.

Wow it has already been a great study, it is so amazing to see how everything connects like a puzzle. Faith, humility, and obedience are all so connected and every week I have understood more about each one. It’s fun to see how much something pops up when you are actually looking for it. I will be just studying about anything and things about faith will pop up, last week it was obedience that was just popping up everywhere! Even the president's weekly message this week is called "FAITH" what a "coincidence" right. 

And you’re right the mission is such a marathon there are those points where we don’t see the finish line and we don’t think that we can make it but seeing those people on the side lines holding up 
your name routing for ya sure helps us continue and it gives us the motivation to press forward,
thanks for being the ones routing for me on the sideline and giving me motivation to always continue. 

Thanks for the prayers, they make all the difference 

I hope everyone has a great week 

Elder Toma

No comments:

Post a Comment