Sunday, April 8, 2018

March 26, 2018


So, the transfers came, 

There are going to be a lot of changes. So before we were the zone leaders of two stakes, litoral and colina. Now we are opening the new zone which is going to be just the colina zona. 

We are taking in a bunch of new areas and new missionaries, so it will be pretty interesting. My companion is going to be Elder Crowley, he was my companion in the CTM and then we were district leaders in the Arapiraca zone and now we are zone leaders ha-ha. 

This week we have been trying to help these two missionaries that were fighting, they wanted to be transferred but we were able to convince them to hang in there for just one more week. 

Well everything was going well until the very last day which was Saturday. So we went on splits Sunday until now, but it seems like everything is getting better. 

It’s funny because I knew it was going to happen. I told one of them about a week ago that this week will be hard because it’s the last week and I even said that the last day was going to be the hardest because that’s just how the enemy works.  The secret is to recognize that and learn to avoid his temptations and strategies. You can’t defeat the enemy if you don’t know his plans. 

That’s why even as missionaries we need to follow all these little rules, it’s what protects us. It’s funny how so many missionaries see this rules as limits or chains. Just like the commandments, so many people think that commandments just limit us from being free but it’s funny how things work when you see it from the other side or from another view. It’s just the exact opposite. 

To answer dads question, I think that this transfer will be good because my attitude is that this transfer will be good. I’m excited for it because it’s just another chance to try even harder and give it even more then the last one. 

The other question was about elder Gene R. Cook. So I started it but then I realized that I didn’t take a picture of all of it, but so far it is super good and made me think a lot about working with the spirit. It’s the probably the most important thing that a missionary can have. He is the teacher and the real converter in any situation. What a great talk. 

Today is going to be busy so I can’t write too much, but next week I will fill you all in with the week. 

Thanks for the emails.
Have a great week. 
Elder Toma

No comments:

Post a Comment