Sunday, April 15, 2018

April 9 Courage


Dear family,

This week has been a good week, super busy with meetings and divisions. 
I enjoyed the pictures, Conner is getting really big! Loren is getting tall too. 

So my companion and I have decided that we are going to still focus on baptizing, but we feel like we need to really reactivate and strengthen the ward, last week we were able to serve the members and get to know them all which I think helps a ton. 

So an interesting experience that I had this week was right before lunch we decided to do some contacts and we met this teenage boy and we talked to him and asked questions like "who is Christ to you" and the way he responded was interesting he didn’t know! he was like "I don’t even know how to respond to the question". There are people that don´t know Christ and then there are even people that don't know of Christ. Being a missionary is one of the hardest but best experiences because we invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through the gospel principles.

So to answer the questions of the week. 

1.) My favorite thing to eat in brazil that is sweet is probably Açaí, I like it with bananas and granola and sweet and condensed milk with some powdered milk too.  normal foods that I like here would probably be like feijoada and like churrasco which is like a Brazilian barbecue. 

2) Leadership quality is definitely being the example and leading by example, I can’t lead or tell someone to be obedient if I’m not obedient. 

3) The Christ like attribute that has recently come to me has been many but this week it is courage. I 
don’t think that courage is in preach my gospel, but this quality means so much to me 
because Christ was so courageous. It takes courage to be humble, it takes courage to be obedient especially when others are not, it takes courage to be submissive, virtuous, it even takes courage to be loving. This week if been trying my best to be courage in every sense, I had an experience this week when I felt that I should contact someone that was on the street, but she passed by us and I waited and then I thought it would be weird if we ran back at her and she would think we are weird or something. but the first voice is the Spirit's and the second is fear which is the enemy's.

It really does take courage to do what's right and that’s why it has impacted me so much this week, but what I love is every week I can learn a new attribute of Christ and apply it. 

I love this video 


I hope everyone has a great week, 

that’s sad about Aiko I really hope everything goes well with her. 



Love you all
Elder Toma


No comments:

Post a Comment