Sunday, April 8, 2018

April 2, 2018 Great Conference!!



 Dear family,

What a great Easter and conference. 


So, transfers where last week. I’m in the same area but me and my companion from the MTC are opening the colina zone so it’s been a fun week just trying to figure everything out ha-ha. 

It has been so amazing to see how much my companion and I have grown since the MTC, it has been such a blessing to have him as a companion. 

There are also three areas in the zone that are being opened so everyone is pretty lost, but we are all here together helping out. 

The highlight of my week was conference but also a lesson that we had with a family. We taught the restoration and it was one of the most spiritual lessons that I have had on this mission,
the Lord put me and my companion from the MTC together for a reason and I know it. The Spirit was able to testify to us all with ease and our investigators knew it. I’m so grateful to be an instrument to the real teacher, who is the Holy Spirit of God. 

Conference was amazing this week. ALL of my questions were answered clearly!  And to answer the question, which was my favorite talk? well I think that all of them were because I felt the Spirit and the need for all of them! I love how everyone testified of the Prophet and the importance in hearing and acting on his words. What I the Lord, I have spoken, and excuse not myself,...my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same. (D&C 1:38)  

IM not going to lie, when they were all telling us to listen to the Prophet, I knew something was coming ha-ha. We were all throwing in our ideas like "maybe we can’t use apple phones" "no maybe we all got to go to Missouri" and then one elder named Elder Nelson said "they are totally taking out home teaching" and when they announced it, I was like how in the world did he guess that?!?! ha-ha. 
But every talk was so good. Lynn G Robbins talked about mistakes, stepping blocks, and progress. Bednar gave a fantastic talk about meekness, Taylor g Godoy helped me understand more about sacrifice. Elder Wokolo taught me more about ordinances and covenants, Devin G. Durrant and Elder Dale G. Renlund gave me answers to a few questions about revelation and family history and temple work. The talk about small and simple things was a perfect talk and how he said that we need to always keep paddling because if we aren’t climbing then we are falling. 

There was so much things that I liked about conference and I wrote it all in my journal. I liked how President Nelson told us to really study and apply these teachings for the next 6 months. 
I really want to just apply it all to myself, my work, my area, the zone, and to even my investigators. 
It is so great to have living Prophets and apostles to lead and guide us. Without them it is a dead church, and not a living one. and I know that God works through a living church and Certainly the Lord reveals His secrets unto His servants the prophets (Amos 3:7)
I’m happy to hear that the family is all doing well. 
I’m loving it here in Brazil, it’s been rainy but that is better than the heat. 

I hope everyone has a great week. 

Love
Elder Toma

No comments:

Post a Comment