Sunday, February 25, 2018

February 18, 2018 A new Area! Boa Vista!



Dear Family,

This week was a good week. It rained a ton but we still worked a ton in the rain ha-ha. To me it’s better than the heat.

My area is called Boa Vista. It’s a good area and a good ward. Our house is SOOO small, it is for sure the smallest house that I have lived in. 

You walk in and it’s the room where we study and were we cook at the same time and then it’s one super small room where we sleep and a small bathroom ha-ha. The house is probably the size of just our kitchen, but one the bright side it’s easy to clean and its close to everything including the bus station, bakery, and supermarket. 

My companion is really really cool. His name is Elder Duarte and he is from São Paulo Brazil. He is a recent convert but man he works hard. Every day we come home just exhausted ha-ha.

My new assignment so far has been good, I’m really enjoying it. tomorrow it seems like all the zone leaders and sister trainer leaders will be going to the president’s house for a training.

We are really trying to focus on working with members. IT really makes the difference when the members help. Because the missionaries don’t stay in the ward forever, we pass by fast and it’s the members that stay so it really makes a difference when the investigators have friends and the chance of them falling away is less. 

I also discovered that one of the guys from my ward was porter´s companion, it’s funny because it’s the second time that I have ran into somebody that served with Porter. It’s a pretty small world. 
I hope dad gets better, I will be praying for him.

My package didn’t arrive yet but it should be coming soon, ill check tomorrow. 
I hope everyone has a great week.

Love 
Elder Toma


It’s funny because "Toma leite" means drink milk in this pic that I sent

No comments:

Post a Comment