Sunday, March 4, 2018

February 25, 2018 A great week -- seeing growth!


Dear Family,

I had a great week this week.
Mission Leader Training Conference

I went on splits and I visited my first area, Barra de São Miguel to do some baptismal interviews. 

When I got to the Barra, the first thing that we did was eat lunch at a member’s house. This member was one of my contacts that didn’t get baptized because she wasn’t married yet and her sister was also there which was one of my first contacts with my trainer and she is also now a member because when I taught her she wasn’t married either. The funny thing is that these two sisters are now the presidente of the relief society and the primary presidente and the Barra isn’t just a group but now a branch. It was fun to see how much it grew. me and my trainer were actually the first elders to open that area. Before it was part of another area and the elders would only go there on Saturdays to eat lunch. So when I arrived it was like a little group of 10 people which has grown into a branch with more than 50 people! 
President and Sister Taylor at Mission Leader Conference

Lunch with these two sisters and their Family was great, it was fun to see how all their kids and Family members were also baptized just by one little contact, including one of the husbands.

When I left the Barra, my second companion continued to go there and this man told his wife "if you let this elders into our home, I’m leaving" but what happened, the elders continued going and he didn’t do anything, he had a change of heart and said "they can teach you but if you become a member, it’s over" as a time passed she became a member and he was ok with it. but he said "you can go but I’m never going to go, don’t even invite me to go to church because I wont" and long story short he is an active member of the church.

But it was a good time, now that I’m close by, I’ll be going there every time that there is a baptism so I’m pretty excited about that.

So last week we helped an old lady cross the road and she was very grateful, this week out of nowhere she appeared again and I didn’t even see her but she grabbed me and gave me a big old wet kiss on the neck and then tried to kiss my companion but he is like 6´5 and he was prepared because she got me first! it was unfair! if she is gonna attack me, she has to attack my companion too! ha-ha he made fun of me for the rest of the day.

But I’m ok now, that night I took an extra-long shower and I was all good.

Sounds like everyone is doing well. my package hasn’t arrived but I’ll call the secretaries today.

I miss you all










have a great week.
Elder Toma

No comments:

Post a Comment