Sunday, February 4, 2018

January 28, 2018 Thirty Pieces of Silver


Dear Family, 

So this week was lots of success and lots of baptism which made me pretty happy and helps motivate me to always continue working hard because the Lord really blesses when we work hard. 

Yesterday we had a special activity of the Restoration of the Gospel. The missionaries from our zone put it together so we had narration and we sang and bore lots of testimonies. 

We had some of the recent converts bare testimony also about the restoration, the book of Mormon, and Joseph Smith. It was a very spiritual meeting and I saw many members and recent converts cry. 
It was a good turn out too, the chapel was filled with people so it was a good day to end the week. 
Also this week was pretty interesting with my companion, he woke up on Saturday and told me that he wanted to go home! it was so random because he always is excited to work and we have never had any problems but he just woke up wanting to go home. We talked for a little and he got better after I gave him a blessing. I felt that I had to show love but also give him a little roasting. I told him the story of Judas the apostle that sold Christ for 30 pieces of silver. Sometimes we think it’s so silly, how could he have sold the Savior for 30 pieces of silver!? But really we sometimes do it all the time. We choose to watch or play football on the sabbath day, we go shopping or do other activities that aren´t for the sabbath, maybe we listen to music or watch bad movies. These are little things that can precious to us, but it’s merely 30 pieces of silver too. It’s nothing when compared to following Christ. 

I told him not to sell Christ for 30 pieces of silver. He understood that he would regret it also and decided that what he was thinking was dumb. This also helped me a ton, I always think now. 30 pieces of silver or following Christ. I think that it’s interesting that we sometimes sit there holding the 30 pieces of silver in our hands and it’s so hard to let it go, but I’m learning that this year’s mutual theme is true, and that’s to let go of our 30 pieces of silvers that we have in our life and "Learn of Him, and listen to His words, walk in the meekness of His spirit, and ye shall have peace in Him". I love that, I want to live by that. 

I know that we can not only know of our Christ but we can come to know Him by learning of Him, listening to Him, and walking in the meekness of HIs spirit and the promise is that we will find peace in our lives because of Him. 

I’m glad that everyone is doing well, I miss you guys but I don’t want to go home in 7 months! 

Serving the Lord is what makes me happy. 

I hope that everyone has a great week.

Love 
Elder Toma


No comments:

Post a Comment