Friday, October 14, 2016

October 12, 2016 First letter from the Brazil MTC

Dear Fambam,

I'm doing great!! The CTM is amazing! The spirit is just so strong here and I don't think I've ever been so happy. My companion´s name is Elder Crowley and he is THE BEST. We get along so well and he is just a lot of fun. The food here is good I love the juices and flavors here. We have paninis every breakfast and it is always ham and cheese paninis and dinner and lunch we always get rice and black beans so its kind of getting old but its OK. 

The language is amazing! Honestly the gift of tongues is the most real thing that I have ever experienced. My first night here I prayed in Portuguese and it's just only gotten better. I can speak more Portuguese then the 3 years I learned of Spanish. My Brazilaro roommates do help a lot and they have taught me so much. My Brazilian roommates are actually serving in Japan which is really cool. One of them is from Macieo and he is a convert who is the only member of the church in his family but i have never met anyone in my life with so much faith and when he was telling me his testimony about how he knows his family will convert and how much faith he has I was almost in tears. 

The Brazilians are so amazing and they are so friendly! I've made so many friends and native friends here and they are just loving people. 

Something really cool is that Elder Holland's grandson Elder Holland is here in the ctm and he is pretty cool, we got a lot of stories about his grandpa and we also got to listen to a devotional from Elder Holland the apostle that was so powerful. Today I went to the temple and did the endowment in Portuguese!! So scary but awesome at the same time. I have pictures but we can't send them until we get out in the field. Oh yeah and first day was cool because one of the sisters in our district was feeling sick so me and my companion gave her a blessing and i anointed so it was cool to do that right off the bat on my first day. I'm glad everything is good at home! Miss you!

Love,

Elder Toma  

No comments:

Post a Comment