Thursday, October 27, 2016

Brazil MTC Week Three October 26, 2016


Dear Family, 
  
The streets of Brasil are crazy!!!! São Paulo is the biggest city in the world and is like 10 times bigger then New York City. There are lots of homeless people. My companion and I handed out 3 book of Mormons so that was cool. 

The first guy was begging for money to buy food so i said I dont have any money but i have a present for you in Portuguese and then i gave him the Book of Mormon haha. Our next hand out was to this guy who said his friend is a member and he happily took it. Finally our last one was to this old lady sitting on some cardboard and she asked us for some food to eat, we talked to her about the gospel and how God blesses lives and we read her Moroni 10:4-5 and then gave it to her, she seemed grateful. 

The streets were pretty crazy because we saw homeless people jumping onto the back of huge buses and holding onto the back window. We also saw lots of gay people here and this one funny homeless guy without a shirt was fight dancing and then he saw us laughing and he put his thumbs up and ran haha. 

I did here about Kincade, today Elder Mcgary came and surpised me!! it was so awesome to see him, he is doing so well and he inspires me so much. We did an endowment together and we hung out at the temple for sometime and he was giving me a lot of really really good tips. All the Brasileiros were super surprised  that he looks so white but speaks such good Portuguese. 

Overall i have had a good week, i got a little sick with this bug going around but I'm already feeling better. This week i learned a lot through personal experiences with the power of prayer. I hope everyone is doing well. 

The ctm is good but I'm dying to get out of here. We are now the old group in the ctm which is weird because it feels like i just got here. 

Love you all. 

Elder Toma

No comments:

Post a Comment