Sunday, August 5, 2018

July 30, 2018 Doing my best to finish out baptizing

Dear Family,

These last two weeks have been good but also weird because I had to watch my companion go home. For me it was pretty normal but at the same time trunky! It’s weird to watch someone leave the mission because it made me realize that one day it will be me. 


Its good though to get back into routine and start to forget about it again ha-ha. 

So the new transfer started. I’m in the same area which is Siqueira Campos Aracaju. So in our house its 2 other missionaries including me that are finishing up the mission. My companion goes home one transfer after me, but he is one of the best missionaries from the mission. He is from my group in the CTM. His name is Elder Araujo and he is from São Paulo. Him and his sister are the only member from his family, but he is one of the best missionaries that I have seen. I have lots of respect for him. 
 So the work is going well, the first week is always the hardest but we are planning lots of activity with the members so that we can integrate the investigators more with the members. 

We have a couple people to baptize and I’m really going to do my best to finish out baptizing. 
The zone is doing really bad, I don’t know why everything is so hard, but the numbers are really low and this month we only baptized one person as an entire zone!

I’ve never seen this my entire mission, it’s just been a crazy month with 3 holidays and the world cup! 


I’ve decided to try new things with the zone to help us, especially with going on splits and stuff.


I’ve started a goal to finish the Book of Mormon before Christmas, I think that I’m going to continue reading it in Portuguese even when I get home. 


The house is looking good, I think that will be in more shock then I thought. Sometimes it feels like while we are on the mission everything at home just stops but sounds like a lot has changed.

This week I’ll send pictures because last week I didn’t ha-ha. 


Thanks for all the support

 

Love you all

Elder Toma

No comments:

Post a Comment