Sunday, August 19, 2018

August 13, 2018 Using our Gifts to do the Work


Dear Family, 

This week was a good week but my companion got sick and so we also had a slower week, but he is already getting better.


I had to give a talk this week on missionary work. It was alright, I talked about our talents and how different people need the talents or even better are friendships, for example someone that I could help can be someone that needed what I have to offer and of course more importantly will need the conversion which only comes through the Spirit. In
the Book of Mormon Ammon was the right person to help the King Lamoni be converted. That doesn’t mean that we are the ones that convert. But we are all used as instruments in the hands of God but naturally we are different so this results in us be different instruments in the hands of God. Maybe someone can have a gift in music so they can develop that gift and use it to help others.

That’s also something that I’ve been trying to help the zone with.

Alma 22:26  says  "Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing-unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it has been given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance."
To me this scripture is a hint on everything that has to do with missionary work even if it is developing our gifts. 

Like dad taught me, it’s a math equation, if we do these 4 steps then the results are what is promised above.

The week had some funny experiences too, I find it funny that everything that would be strange is now normal to me. 

For example I saw a man on a horse and the horse had a license plate on it ha-ha, like it took me awhile to realize that that wouldn’t be an everyday thing over there. 

Even to my companion everything here is weird because this region is like the redneck Brazil. Also we had some laughs because of some of the crazy people on the road that just start ranting to themselves the craziest stuff or they start singing super loud ha-ha. 

I think one of the things that I am going to miss is the food. The lunches here are really good and they make the best juices here from the fruit. 

We had lunch with a member this last Sunday and he bought over 8 liters of soda! craziness ha-ha
Recently nothing has hit me yet, to me I’m still staying on the mission and I’m not going home anytime soon, even when I try to believe it I just can’t ha-ha. So I’m not too trunky because it doesn’t seem real yet. Maybe it’s a good thing maybe not ha-ha.

But it sounds like everyone is doing well, I got Cole's wedding invitation, still can't believe that he is getting married. 

I hope everyone has a great week!

Love 
Elder Toma

No comments:

Post a Comment