Sunday, July 1, 2018

June 25, 2018 "Just let the Spirit do his part"


Dear Family, 

This week went well.  So this area isn’t close to my first area its actually in a different state. Its closer to my second area but it’s still pretty far from Tobias Barreto which was my second area. This area is SOOO small. we can walk from one side to the other in 20 mins easy. It’s very small. 

Mission Leadership Training
Our baptism didn’t go through this week, there was a holiday called São Jão so church was pretty empty and we didn’t have any investigators at church this week. But we are looking at 2 baptisms for next week. We received some references to and it’s so nice to work with references. I was missing it for a while because my last area was harder. 


This week was spiritual for me during an interview. So we went on splits last week and taught a returned missionaries mom. She told us that she wanted to wait for her husband to come back before she would be baptized. He would only be getting back at the end of the year. 
  

I'm not going to lie, I had no idea what to say. It was just silence for a while. Then I said "just pray about it" only our Heavenly Father knows what is the best for us. She agreed. But we were still afraid that she wouldn’t be baptized. Her son who just returned from his mission helped a ton. By the end of the lesson we asked how she was feeling and none of our words saved her baptism but the way the Spirit touched her saved it! I thought that was amazing how sometimes we don’t have to say much but let the Spirit do his part.


I also did her interview which was one of the most spiritual interviews that I have done. It’s amazing to watch someone go through the process of conversion, it’s just something so amazing to me. 
She would receive the lessons and then pray and then receive an answer. During the interview she bore her testimony saying that her neighbor tried stopping her from being baptized in the Church because the Mormon church is a "cult". She said "anyone or anything can try and stop me, but nothing will because I can’t deny that answer that God has given me during my prayers" 
This Saturday she was baptized, and everyone cried. 

 This week was a good week even with the world cup going on and São João. 

I’m starting to really like it here, Sergipe is a good place. 

This week I won’t be able to send pictures because of the computer that I am using but next week I’ll send more. 

I hope everyone has a great week.

Love you guys

Elder Toma

No comments:

Post a Comment