Sunday, January 14, 2018

January 7, 2018 New companion: Elder Marques

Dear Family,

This week went by so fast, but it was a pretty good week.

The area is a lot of buildings and a lot of beach too. But yeah, we don’t pass by the beach too often because there isn’t reason too, but sometimes when we go to members houses to eat or to certain places we see parts of the ocean and its super cool. The Ward is good, I already like the Bishop. It’s weird here because one moment the building look like I’m in Europe and then other places it’s like Chicago or city buildings and then there is the beach and so it’s a mix in our area.

My companion is Elder Marques and he is from the Amazon where they eat monkeys ha ha. But he is really cool and hardworking, he talks a lot about his fiancé, but he works. The area is also kind of hard because the people here are weird, they are friendly, but they don’t except us to teach them! which I have never seen here on the mission yet, but we are finding out new ways to teach.

So I’m DL and I’m enjoying it still, the assistants called me and apologized because I didn’t become ZL and to me I’m just happy to serve in whatever position, if I’m junior I’ll be my best junior, if I’m DL I’ll do my best. So, for me I wasn’t bummed for not being ZL, but they explained that it’s because an American was called to be assistant and with two American assistants, they were worried about too many Americans becoming leaders and leaving out the Brazilians.

I was kind of nervous at the start because I’m the DL of the zone leaders, secretaries, and assistants, to me that seems like a lot of responsibility because they are the leaders in the mission ha-ha but it’s all good and I’m enjoying it.

 So, I found out that the package got sent back to our house so it will arrive there. I don’t know why brazil sent it back, but they did.  The secretary told me that the package needs to be under 50 US dollars so if it is more two send two packages and to also send it to the new mission address. For me if you guys want to give up on sending that package, I’m alright with it, it’s been more of a hassle then anything ha-ha.

But it was good to speak with you guys on Skype, it’s crazy that my time is ending, just 8 months are left but don’t worry I’m not trunky, it only pushes me more because I want to make use of the time I have here to grow.

I miss you guys and hope you all have a good week.

Love

Elder Toma

No comments:

Post a Comment