Sunday, January 21, 2018

January 15, 2018 Coming to know Christ

This week went really well, we have been trying new things in the area, one of those things is family home evening with the members. It was a success! we received a lot of references and good ones too.
Tomorrow we have a baptism with a young woman named Mariah, her mom didn’t want to let her be baptized because she thought it was too early for her but through prayer and fasting her mom is letting her be baptized this Tuesday, so we are excited about that. This week we have another boy named John that wants to be baptized and he has been going for a few years with his older sister to church but his parents haven’t let him yet. We are working on getting him baptized this Saturday so pray for him. This week was pretty good, we had lunch with this lady in our ward that is a pianist, she plays super well and I’ve been able to play here on the mission a lot too, so it was fun to play on her piano. For some of the activities I have to play, so I’ve been learning more hymns ha-ha which I never wanted to learn before the mission but now it’s all I play lol.

The presidente has challenges us to start studying one topic of Christ in the topical guide of the scriptures. So I have made that one of my goals. The point of this is to not only know of Christ but to know Christ.

I have really been enjoying this study, just in the first day my testimony went up. And it is definitely my goal to know Christ. and He has so many names to study too. The Savior, Lord, Messiah, Living Water, Lamb, Bread of Life, King, Good Shepard, and way more. It’s interesting to get to know why He is all of those. This week I have really pondered and thought about how He really is a bridge. It’s like we don’t know how to swim and if we enter the water we die, but because he gave us a bridge which is him, we have the chance to cross the waters, even though we step on Him and sin and hurt Him he still chose to be that bridge because He loves us.

I’m just so grateful that He chose to be that bridge and that he succeeded, if he didn’t succeed everything would be lost. But He really is our Savior.

This week’s email is a little short because I don’t have a lot to say to be honest ha-ha, but I love you guys and miss you all.

Have a great week.

Love

Elder Toma

No comments:

Post a Comment