Thursday, November 24, 2016

November 21, 2016 First week in the mission field

Querido Família,

This week has been very different. First day I got off the plane and the land was so different and instantly 10 time hotter. I got my new companion which was the only American out of 9 other missionaries, he is super cool and has very good Portuguese and only speaks Portuguese with me so I never speak English haha. 
Brazilian MTC

Our first day went good we invited 4 fams to baptism and all 4 excepted. The language is a little harder because here in Macieo they speak a million times faster and have super thick accents then Sao Paulo. Many horses a million dogs and a few monkeys I will see on the street sometimes. ITs very poor here like houses are either homemade or the size of our living room. ITs so crazy here to because like girls will be 13 and pregnant and that’s like not even rare. Also, the hardest part of this mission is chastity because nobody marries, word of wisdom because of cafe, and the worst of all is Sabbath because here they work so hard to provide so they all work every day including Sunday. 


My area is sick, I’m next to a super pretty lake and I’m also like a 2-minute walk from the beach, so the ocean breeze feels good in my area and its super the tropical, all the fruit here is to die for. Ha-ha two nights ago was crazy because a million bees found ways through holes and cracks into our room. Literally like hundreds of bees were in there. so, my comp and I spent the whole night killing all of them with our shoes, a broom, and this fly swatter. And then we taped up all the cracks and holes but I think I will be fine. Sometimes I will find a huge lizard in my room too ha-ha. 

Sunday I had to give a talk, I think it went well especially for being right off the spot. Over all a good week, we worked super hard and got 18 new investigators and 11 accepted baptismal invites. And yes, I got the package and I’ll wait until Christmas Have a great Thanksgiving,

Eu Amo Vocês!

Elder Toma





Shower and laundry drying line

Luxurious accommodations!

No comments:

Post a Comment